2 cups flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 cups scallions or (leeks, chives, Iranian tareh), finely chopped
1 cup dill, finely chopped
1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons barberries (zereshk) *optional
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped *optional
5 large eggs
1/3 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-2 tablespoons flour
4-5 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs well with a whisk.
- Then add all the above ingredients except the oil and mix thoroughly until well blended.
- To this mixture add one tablespoon of olive oil and stir well.
- In an oven proof baking dish place the remaining oil.
- Gently pour the herb mixture into the dish evenly, cover lightly with an aluminum foil and place in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- Half way through cooking remove the foil. Once cooked, remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before cutting it into small pieces.